However, despite the outlook of a very heavy workload this semester, I do have all of my tuition and fees waived which is a pretty good incentive to get to campus by 7:00 and stay till I'm done for the day. So, it's back to work. It isn't a terrible life I must say.
On the rapidly diminishing "fun side" of life, I just purchased a new mountain bike frame. Notice I said frame and not just a bike. I'm going to be building a new bike from the ground up this winter and it's going to be a lot of fun... I hope. The bike will be what's commonly called a "96'er" or a "69er" which means it will have a 29" wheel in front and a 26" wheel in the rear. Not that it matters to most of you, but there are some mechanical advantages to this type of setup. The real reason I chose this route is that it's different than what most people are doing . It appears that I may have inherited my father's dislike of following the herd.
I haven't ridden much lately due to travel and getting ready for school. Now that things are back to a more predictable routine I'm hoping to log some good quality miles this fall.
That's about it , until next time,
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment